Friday, August 29, 2008

GOP veepstakes; UPDATED: PALIN!

11:10 a.m. ET: Just spoke to my wife who tells me that my Ohio in-laws, Erica and Donovan Powers, are at the McCain rally in Dayton with their genius baby, Keegan.

10:52 a.m. ET: The Great One likes Palin.

10:45 a.m. ET: Hillary supporter Big Tent Democrat:
First and foremost, it would stop Obama's Media train in its tracks today. . . .
Second, it revives the Hillary melodramas. And at this point, Obama does not need that.
Got to hand it to Team Maverick on this one: (a) Palin gives the Clinton supporters just the excuse they need to bolt on Obama, and (b) she gives McCain an excuse to say, "Screw the caribou -- drill ANWR!"

BUMPED 10:34 a.m. ET: Carl Cameron on Fox: CONFIRMED! PALIN!

10:18 a.m. ET -- Jimmie at Sundries Shack:
She’s in favor of increased domestic drilling. She holds to at least the big conservative beliefs, which will help offset McCain’s left-leaning past on free speech, immigration, and taxes. She’s a solid pick and I think she’ll help from the first day she’s on the ticket.
DRILLING! Yes! Who better to cover a McCain shift on drilling ANWR than an Alaskan?
BUMPED 10:10 a.m. ET: Palin? A 44-year-old pro-life mother of four. Yeah. I think the base would be OK with that. And notice that the speculation about Lieberman and Ridge (both pro-choice) makes this a "thank goodness" relief for the Right, despite Palin's relative inexperience. If it's Palin, ABC News just got fooled by a huge head fake.
10 a.m. ET: Michelle Malkin also has a thread going. She got an early start, even if she missed last night's blogger bash, where VodkaPundit insisted on staying until closing time.
9:55 a.m. ET: Ed Morrissey and Allahpundit have a thread going at Hot Air, including a link to this tantalizing news.
9:50 a.m. ET: Now watching MSNBC, which says it's not Lieberman. Please God, let the Palin rumor be true. Otherwise, it's Ridge and ... hello, President Obama.
9:45 a.m. ET: Just realized that my times are still Eastern, even though I'm in Denver. That's because I don't reset the computer clock when I travel. Don't reset my watch, either. If I need to know local time, I either do the math or look at my cell phone. The reason: My editors and my family back home are still on Eastern time.
9:28 a.m. (ET): Woke up this morning, turned on the TV, and Fox News was saying that Romney and Pawlenty have been eliminated. Sarah Palin? Will update as I get some coffee and learn more.

1 comment:

  1. If its Palin i'll be voting McCain. Its a brilliant choice. I couldnt be more happy.

    ReplyDelete