Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tax Day is Love Day

No, I don't love paying taxes -- and having six adorable deductions children is a good way to avoid paying too much.

I also don't love filling out these stupid tax forms on April 15, even now that I'm doing my taxes online. The process of filling out federal forms reminds me that we live under a government of the bureaucrats, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.

But while entering my children's Social Security numbers and birthdays into the software program, I received an unexpected inducement to romance. After entering each child's data, the program asks this question:
"Add another dependent?"
Leering suggestively at Mrs. McCain, I asked, "Hey, baby, want to . . . add another dependent?"

Can't print her answer. This is a family-friendly blog.

2 comments:

  1. Deductions! I never would have dreamed of even considering my children in that manner....until I had children. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only recently found out that the 15th of April is "Tax Day" in the United States. All that I had previously known was that it was my birthday. In Romania, we "celebrate" Tax Day each Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete