Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The three-date rule

Dr. Melissa Clouthier offers ladies "very unfeminist advice":
Don't have sex on the first, second or third date. Don't. If the relationship has a chance, sex complicates it right away. If the relationship is a no go, sex connects you to a guy you don't want to be connected with.

Read the rest of her 10 (actually 11) Dating Rules for Women. What intrigues me here is Dr. Melissa's version of the "three-date rule." Back when I was single, me and my buddies had our own three-date rule:

If you don't score by the third date, move on. If she really liked you that much, she wouldn't be making excuses and putting you off. There's no sense wasting time with a chick who's playing games, when the world is full of willing and available women. So don't get bogged down. Three dates and no sex = no fourth date.

Cold? Sure. Brutal? Of course. But that's just how rolled back in the day. And in point of fact, I only broke the three-date rule once. Only once did I go for a fourth date with a woman after no sex on three dates.

Yeah, you guessed it. She's my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment