Sunday, March 9, 2008

Not worth killing for

I love karaoke, but some folks take it too far:
A gunman in Thailand shot-dead eight neighbours, including his brother-in-law, after tiring of their karaoke versions of popular songs, including John Denver’s Country Roads.
Weenus Chumkamnerd, 52, put his gun to the head of a respected female doctor and seven of her guests as they partied at her home in Songkhla Province, South Thailand. ...
He said he was so furious with their awful singing that he did not notice he had murdered his own brother-in-law.
"I warned these people about their noisy karaoke parties. I said if they carried on I would go down and shoot them. I had told them if I couldn’t talk sense into them I would come back and finish them off," he added.
As long as you give fair warning, I guess that makes it OK, huh? Don Surber suspects the gunman may have been seeking to avenge the honor of West Virginia, Mountain Mama.

Some may fear that liberals in the Thai government will use this as an excuse to ban karaoke. But I say, "Bad karaoke doesn't kill people. Insane guys named 'Weenus' kill people."

No comments:

Post a Comment