Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lohan and 'Sex and the City'

Quoted by Dawn Eden in The American Spectator:
"Sex and the City changed everything for me, because those girls would just sleep with so many people." Lindsay Lohan told a reporter in 2006. The Parent Trap star was only 11 years old when the show premiered.
The show inspired Lohan to create a sexual double standard for herself: She would have sex with whomever she chose, but would draw the line at sharing her male companions. "If I'm going to give my body to someone, I'd rather them not be with other people," she explained. "But I want to be able to if I like someone else."
Dawn also notes that the original producer of the program was a gay man whose stated goal was to create "a show that objectified men." Which makes it ironic, perhaps, that Lindsay is now the subject of lesbian rumors. Maybe "objectified men" are ultimately uninteresting.

1 comment:

  1. That was always the problem with "Sex and the City": It projected a gay man's libido -- multiple multiple partners, late-night bootie calls, serial infidelity -- onto the fairer sex, which is biologically and psychologically unequipped for such behavior.

    I've seen real-life women try to model their dating behavior after Carrie, et. al. It usually ends in confusion and sometimes tears.

    ReplyDelete