Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hillary pulls the plug

Her endorsement speech:
The way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand is to take our energy, our passion, our strength, and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama, the next president of the United States. . . .
Today, as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary race he has run. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him. . . .
And I ask all of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me.
Video via Hot Air:

(Link: sevenload.com) The New York Times:

Many of her supporters watched, some weeping, turning out to witness this latest milestone for the Clinton legacy. . . .
Most in the crowd roared their approval when Mrs. Clinton mentioned Mr. Obama’s name, though there were boos and jeers from the upper levels of the three-tiered room. Several of Mrs. Clinton’s supporters tried to drown out those boos by clapping louder.
You know what I didn't hear? I didn't hear her say she was releasing her delegates to vote for Obama on the first ballot.

No comments:

Post a Comment