Sunday, February 10, 2008

Deus dementat at HuffPo

Q. Is there a two-word synonym for "ignorance"?

A. Yes. "Dave Johnson."
The Drudge Report is a right-wing site that is used to drive right-wing propaganda into the large, corporate media outlets. When a story is featured at the Drudge Report, you always have to ask why, and ask what is the right's intent behind getting this story into circulation.
(Link via Memeorandum, which is not responsible for the ignorance of the bloggers it links.)

When last I saw Andrew Breitbart -- whose professional association with Matt Drudge is not secret -- he was within an hour of closing the bar at Timberlake's in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Matt Welch of Reason Magazine (left) does the classic "Facebook fake gay kiss" with Andrew Breitbart (far right). BarbieCam(TM) Photo.

The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy is more powerful than Dave Johnson suspects, though not quite so vast as to include the Associated Press.

I hope to update with further insights into the fathomless ignorance of Dave Johnson, but my wife and I are expecting company for Sunday dinner, and she needs me to run to the grocery store for (right-wing) enchilada sauce.

Of course, it comforts me enormously to know that Dave Johnson is "a leading participant in the progressive blogging community."

UPDATE 2:35 p.m.: Linked at Memeorandum, and I'm updating so soon because my wife got tired of waiting for me to go get the enchilada sauce, and went to get it herself. (Serious loss of connubial brownie points with My Wife The Saint.)

While thinking exactly how to begin explaining how Dave Johnson's delusions of omniscience are coterminous with his unlimited ignorance, I decided to check up on the post-CPAC gloatfest at Ace of Spades.

The morons are doing an endzone dance over the fact that their Ewok-like leader was named "Blogger of the Year." If conservatives were like liberals, then surely Jeff Goldstein would now be rallying his fellow losers in a petition drive demanding a recount, asserting anti-Semitic bias and hinting that Halliburton, Diebold and the Bavarian Illuminati were behind this unfair denial of their unalienable right to blog awards.

(My Wife The Saint just got back with the Right-Wing Enchilada Sauce. Man, is she mad at me!)

UPDATE 7:35 p.m.: This post is inevitably becoming an object lesson in a fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals:

  • Conservatives don't have time to blog, because their wives need enchilada sauce and friends are coming to dinner.
  • Liberals don't have wives, enchilada sauce or friends, so they have infinite amounts of time to spend creating and consuming idiotic "content" for high-traffic timewasters like HuffPo, the intellectual equivalent of Scrabulous.

Excuse me, but a late guest just arrived, but I promise after this next real-life diversion from the uber-fisking of "a leading participant in the progressive blogging community."

No comments:

Post a Comment