Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lear jet liberalism

When you're a globetrotting rock star with seven (seven!) homes, you tend to rack up lots of frequent-flyer miles. Just ask Sting:
Sting, for instance, notched up an incredible number of air miles with his band’s world tour.
And it was revealed that his wife Trudie Styler travels between their seven homes in private jets or their fleet of cars, as well as importing farm produce hundreds of miles. . . .
Miss Styler, 53, was challenged on the issue when extolling the benefits of organic and locally-grown food.
The interview at the Earls Court Real Food Festival had been going well, until one journalist pointed out that the couple’s carbon footprint has been estimated as 30 times greater than the average Briton’s.
What caught my eye when I saw this story at Michelle Malkin's blog was the logo that said "My Carbon Footprint Is Bigger Than Yours." I feared that Sting had acquired one of the biggest carbon-producing accessories of all -- a baby. Hypocritical in all things, liberals love to preach the need for population control, even while they themselves produce large broods -- Nancy Pelosi has five kids, Ted Turner also has five, Al Gore has four.

Anyway the logo at Michelle's reminds me of one of my favorite double-entendres. People are often shocked to discover that my wife and I have six children.

"Six?" people say. "Why did you have six children?"

To which I answer, "Well, you know what they say about a man with a big carbon footprint."

In other celebrity news from The Daily Mail, they've got photos of Britney Spears in a bikini and Heather Locklear in a bikini. Reminds me of a Benny Hill joke:
Q. What's the hottest part of the sun?
A. Page Three!

No comments:

Post a Comment